10 Gin Cocktails to impress your guests
by John Whitlow on May 09, 2023
Gin-spiration at Home: 10 Beautifully Crafted Drinks to Impress Your Guests
If you love gin as much as I do, you know that it's a versatile spirit that can be mixed with a variety of ingredients to create delicious cocktails. Whether you're hosting a party, celebrating a special occasion, or just looking for a refreshing drink to enjoy at home, here are 10 beautifully crafted gin drinks that will impress your guests and satisfy your taste buds.
1. Tom Collins: This classic drink is simple but elegant, and perfect for a hot summer day. All you need is gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and club soda. Shake the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup with ice, then strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a lemon slice and a cherry.
2. Negroni: This bitter-sweet drink is a great aperitif before dinner. It's made with equal parts of gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth. Stir the ingredients with ice in a mixing glass, then strain into a rocks glass over ice. Garnish with an orange peel.
3. Gin Fizz: This frothy drink is similar to a Tom Collins, but with an egg white added for extra texture and foam. Shake the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white with ice until well combined, then strain into a highball glass without ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a lemon wedge.
4. French 75: This sparkling drink is named after a French artillery gun from World War I, because of its powerful kick. It's made with gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and champagne. Shake the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup with ice, then strain into a champagne flute. Top with champagne and garnish with a lemon twist.
5. Martini: This iconic drink is the epitome of sophistication and style. It can be made with gin or vodka, but I prefer the classic version with gin and dry vermouth. Stir the gin and vermouth with ice in a mixing glass, then strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an olive or a lemon twist.
6. Bramble: This fruity drink is inspired by the British blackberry season. It's made with gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and crème de mûre (blackberry liqueur). Shake the gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup with ice, then strain into a rocks glass over crushed ice. Drizzle the crème de mûre over the top and garnish with fresh blackberries.
7. Gin and Tonic: This refreshing drink is one of the most popular gin cocktails in the world. It's also one of the easiest to make. All you need is gin and tonic water. Fill a highball glass with ice, then add your preferred amount of gin. Top with tonic water and garnish with a lime wedge.
8. Aviation: This pale blue drink is named after the sky and has a floral and citrusy flavor. It's made with gin, lemon juice, maraschino liqueur, and crème de violette (violet liqueur). Shake the ingredients with ice, then strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry or a lemon twist.
9. Bee's Knees: This sweet and sour drink is named after an old-fashioned slang term for something excellent. It's made with gin, honey syrup (honey diluted with water), and lemon juice. Shake the ingredients with ice, then strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.
10. Singapore Sling: This exotic drink is said to have originated at the Raffles Hotel in Singapore in the early 20th century. It's made with gin, cherry brandy (or cherry liqueur), Benedictine (a herbal liqueur), Cointreau (an orange liqueur), pineapple juice, lime juice, grenadine (a red syrup), and Angostura bitters (a bitter aromatic). Shake all the ingredients except the grenadine and bitters with ice, then strain into a hurricane glass over ice. Add a dash of grenadine and bitters on top and garnish with a pineapple slice and a cherry.
We hope you enjoyed this post.